A Beginner's Guide to LGBTQIA+ Terminology and Queer Allyship
Unpack what makes up the ever expanding acronym, LGBTQIA+. You will discover the difference between gender and gender expression, sexual orientation, sex, and pronouns. This module’s heavy emphasis on definitions and awareness of how different identities can manifest themselves, will equip you with the resources and tools to be an ally for your LGBTQIA+ peers.
This module is a foundational course and a great opportunity for beginners to:
- Learn foundational terminology and key concepts
- Identify ways to be an effective ally
- Unpack assumptions and misconceptions about LGBTQIA+ people
- Develop a deeper understanding of the gender and sexuality spectrums
- Concepts discussed in this course pairs well with all 101 course modules.
As an agent of social change and member of the TMI team, Jillian, believes that the best way to prevent discrimination, violence, and oppression is through education and dialogue. Jillian’s course will leave you feeling empowered as an inclusive ally and ready to make your world a more equitable place. Jillian will walk you through the fundamentals of understanding the LGBTQIA+ acronym, equip you with conflict resolution tools, and the skills to begin your journey as a queer ally in the workplace and beyond.